You've opened your etsy shop (woohoo!). Sales are beginning to trickle in at a steady pace, and you're getting great feedback from your customers. Things are going well.
Why should you spend your precious time and resources on creating new listings? What you have is working. Why complicate things?
There are a few reasons why you should complicate things.
- Creating new listings doesn't have to be all that complicated
- Every new listing is one more opportunity for your ideal customer to find you
- Every new listing is a chance to optimize for a different keyword phrase
- New listings are a chance to utilize different photographs, and treasury-makers love variety in photos.
- A full, yet organized shop signals to buyers that you are a serious seller.
- It's a chance to use up supplies or products that were taking up space.
- You can expand your market to potentially include more age groups or a new demographic (think adding kids versus baby clothes or adding small purses for single ladies versus diaper bags for moms.)
- You can improve customer service by offering gift-wrapping or expedited shipping.
- Add customization to set yourself apart as a Purple Cow
- Etsy has a magic number. No jokes. You'll have to tune in to hear what I'm talking about.
Examples of Etsy Shop Owners and How They Create New Listings
Julie of TokyoBlossom offers her adorable crochet earrings in many different colors.
Mikela of RoShamBoCo uses her handmade lettering talent and painting supplies to create both garden markers and art prints.
Kim of TrashyCrafter offers custom book jewelry made with paper beads based on your favorite book or sheet music.
There are a TON of great examples of Etsy sellers just killing it when it comes to adding new listings while remaining financially sound in their business.
When you're in a creative slump, Pin this List for some quick ideas on adding new listings.
P.S. What do you think? Is this list eye-catching or just crazy? I couldn't decide 😉
So what will you add to your shop today? I can't wait to see all of your new creations and the new traffic and sales it brings you as a result. Happy creating, Brilliant Business Moms, we love you!
Another P.S. – Is saying we love you weird? Seriously, I have such warmth in my heart for you guys and I don't care who knows it!
For more great info on growing your Etsy business, check out our Get Found Guide to Etsy. Now that you have tons of items in your shop, get more sales by getting found. The guide walks you through the steps you need to take to get found in Etsy search. The Get Found Guide to Etsy is a practical road map to help you increase your sales. Take a look!
~ Beth Anne