Rachel Brenke is one talented lady. As you can tell by this post's title, she's accomplished more in a few years than many people accomplish in a lifetime! Did we mention that she earned her JD while her husband was serving in the Army and deployed for part of that time? She's also a wonderful Mom to four kids. I'm a little exhausted just thinking about it, how 'bout you?!
In our interview with Rachel she shares a lot of her “secret sauce” on how she's accomplished so much while keeping her priorities straight. Tune in to hear the steps she takes to make sure family comes first. You'll also hear how she's pushed through barriers to contribute to her family's financial security. If you're dying to hear more great advice from Rachel, check out her book: The Laundry List: a Mom's Guide to Running a Successful Business and Home.
Getting Stuff Done:
– Rachel works like a maniac during naptime, answers emails on her phone in bits and pieces throughout the day, and does her best to be fully present when she's with her kids.
– My husband has always supported me and my crazy dreams, so I'm proud that I can support his as well.
– Getting to spend more time with my kids and putting them first.
– Tap into your connections and the communities that you are part of – just ask!
– Let people know that you're a Mom! The more people get to know you, the more they connect with you.
Funny Mommy Moment:
– It's hilarious – you'll have to listen to the podcast to hear Rachel's story!
Links and Resources Mentioned
Purple Cow: Transform your Business by Being Remarkable (affiliate link)
SnapSpace Studio in Manassas, Virginia (The place where photographers can reserve space in a snap!)
Where to Find Rachel:
I love this quote from Rachel: “The ultimate rejection is telling yourself no.”
Is there something you've been saying, “no” to? A dream you think may be too big? A goal you're aching to reach but doubt you can?
Tell us about it in the Comments. (And start telling yourself yes!)
If you loved this episode, you might enjoy these other ones: